Thursday, November 09, 2006

Stop the Cruelty in the Phillippines



I found this truly disturbing. I must note that I'm sure more than one person will comment that it's cultural or part of their lifestyle, or perhaps even religious...but honestly now, how can anybody use religion, tradition, or personal beliefs as an excuse for abuse, neglect, exploitation, etc?

The pictures really got to me, its quite distrubing...how much pain (both mental and physical) these dogs must go through. Their entire lives must be full of suffering and discomfort.

I urge everyone to sign this petition. Fine, if you think its ok to eat dogs, so be it...but I don't think anyone in their right mind could argue that these animals conditions absolutely MUST change. This kind of behavior/act is not tolerable nor should it be in any society or any part of the world.

Please sign the petition:
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/985195393

I've also added a link to the petition dealing with cult practices in India, where dogs are slaughtered/sacrificed. Read more about and sign the petition here:
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/769292019

No comments: